Exporting to a Location
When exporting to a location, by default, you can only export archived mail (not live mail or documents).
Each time you export archived mail to location, a sub-location is created in which your export files are contained. The name of the location is automatically created and named.
If your exports contain a large number of emails, more space may be required in your location than is provided by default. Consult your IPRO administrator to increase the space size.
- Create or open a
casecontaining archived emails.
- Select the emails to export.
- The following illustration shows a quick search for the term "Access" which yielded 55 results from a
custodiannamed Barry Tycholiz. Selected items are highlighted by the checkmarks.
- In the
A CaseOverview toolbar, click Export A Case> New Export.
- The Export Wizard displays. Select the Search tabs to export. In our example, the results are all in one tab named Search. Click Next.
- Select items to export. You can export all items or selected items only. Also, you can skip the export of items that contain a specific tag. Specify which version(s) of the selected item(s) you would like to export. Click Next.
- In the next screen, select the Export to Location option.
- In the next screen, select Export as the location. If you do see this location in the list, consult your IPRO administrator.
- (Optional) Select the Search criteria and/or Audit file information options to include additional information in your export. Click Next.
- Do the following:
- Give the export a name.
- (Optional) Enter an email address to notify yourself when the export is completed. It may take some time depending on the size of the export.
- Click Finish.
- The List of Exports window displays the progress (in percentage) of the export.
- When the export is completed, click Details.
- The Export Details window displays information about the export and the case that was generated.
- Open the export by double-clicking Open the generated
- Your export displays and is named "Export" and appended with a numerical ID. The items selected for export are present.
- From the
A CaseOverview toolbar, click A CaseManagement.
- Your new
caseappears at the top of the list. You can go ahead and edit the caseand assign it to membersand reviewers.