Configuring Gmail Storage Location
With NetGovern, you can create a standard Storage Location for archive data. To archive data in Gmail, create a Gmail Archive Storage Location in the NetGovern Admin UI. You can select the Storage Device on which you would like to build the archive data repository—see Configuring Storage Devices. Once configured, a Gmail archiving job can be set up—see Configuring Gmail Archiving. The archive data can then be accessed in a NetGovern Archive.
- Log into the NetGovern Admin UI.
- In the Services menu in the left-hand panel, click on Archiving.
- Open the Connectors tab.
- In the Storage Devices section, you can add the device on which you would like to build the storage location—see Configuring Storage Devices.
- Navigate to the Locations section to create the location. Click Add.
- Expand the Storage Locations drop-down menu. Select Gmail Archive to store archived data from Gmail.
- Click Next
- The Archive Location configuration window displays.
- In the Name field, enter a relevant name for the storage location.
Choose a location name that is meaningful to the users and reviewers who will be accessing the archive data. The name is also used by the indexing service. To change the location name, a new location must be created and its data reindexed.