Starting NetGovern Search
Once you know which role you will be playing in
If your organization uses an identity provider that supports Single Sign-On (SSO), such as AD FS, and if your NetGovern Search administrator has configured SSO, you will be signed in to NetGovern Search automatically once you sign in to AD FS. If you attempt to sign in to NetGovern Search before you sign in to AD FS, you will be redirected from the NetGovern Search welcome screen to the AD FS sign-in page. Otherwise, the SSO process is invisible to you.
NetGovern Search has various timeouts designed to boost system security regarding user authentication. When SSO is enabled in NetGovern, authentication access authorized by the Identity Provider (in most cases AD FS) will override the timeouts in NetGovern Search. In cases where the timeouts are not overridden, the user will be redirected to AD FS (most likely invisibly) in order to re-authenticate.
Once SAML is enabled, users cannot change their NetGovern password, since the welcome screen where this option appears is no longer visible. Since authentication occurs through Active Directory, the NetGovern password is irrelevant when SSO is enabled.
SSO syncs cloud identities for sites such as NetGovern Search, Office 365, and Salesforce, as well as for local apps including the Microsoft Office suite. If you have any questions about SSO, contact your NetGovern Search administrator.
- Open NetGovern Search in a browser using the URL link provided by your administrator.
If SSO is configured in your organization, you will be prompted to log in to AD FS first.
- NetGovern Search uses language detection to suggest a language. You can select the suggested language, or another one from the drop-down list. Available languages include: English, French, French (Canadian), Español (Spanish), and Deutsch (German).The NetGovern Search screen updates with the selected language. English is used as the default if no selection is made.
- You can change the language in NetGovern Search at any time. Whenever you change the language, you must log back in to see the change.
You can also change the language from the Preferences menu—see Changing the Interface Language.
- Enter your user name and password, and click Login.
- Depending on the rights the
has assigned to you, you will see one or more of the following icons. auditmanager
- Because you have a personal mailbox, you will always see the Archive icon.
- Click one of the following according to the task you want to perform:
- Archive: Consult your personal repository of archived messages.
- eDiscovery: Perform eDiscovery tasks as a case manager, member, or reviewer.
- Audit: Perform forensic, supervisory, or compliance tasks as an audit manager, auditor, or reviewer.
- A series of roles becomes available to you.
- Select the role corresponding to the actions you want to perform, related to the
auditsyou want to manage or review.
If you logged into NetGovern Search as an Admin, you will not see any of the options above. You will go directly to the An AuditManagement dashboard.
If you selected the Archive icon, you will not see any of the options above. You will go directly to your personal archived mail.
- For more information on roles, see
Roles in Data AuditingRoles in Data Auditing.
- Click Continue.
- You are now ready to start an audit using NetGovern Search.