About Word Lists
A word list is a lexicon of terms required for a search, words that are often particular to a job, industry, or field of research. In NetGovern Search, you can build a list of terms you can keep updated as you encounter more terms the further you go in a search. As you build queries, you can include or exclude terms in your word list, as well as search for a term in its entirety (a match) or portion of a term (partial match).
You can use a word list in message, attachment, document, and federated searches.
- In the Advanced Search dialog box, click Add Rule.
- From the Field list, select a field.
- From the Operator list, select one of the following operators:
- Matches (word list) or Contains (word list): Searches for items that match/contain all terms or any term in the word list.
- Does Not Match (word list) or Does Not Contain (word list): Searches for items that does not match/contain all terms or any term in the word list.
For information on some parameters in the Advanced Search dialog box, click the Help button.
- Click Upload.
- Select your word list and click Open.
- The words in the word list are uploaded to your query.
- If applicable, select one of the following operators located beside the word list:
- All of: Searches for items that match all terms in the word list.
- Any of: Searches for items that mention any terms in the word list.
- For more information, see About All Of, Any Of.
- Click Search to execute the query.
- The result is displayed in the Document view and the Advanced Search dialog box is closed.
For more information about using word lists in Advanced Search, see About Rules.