Starting IPRO Search
Once you know which role you will be playing in eDiscovery, you can start IPRO Search and log in.
If your organization uses an identity provider that supports Single Sign-On (SSO), such as AD FS, and if your IPRO administrator has configured SSO, you will be signed in to IPRO Search automatically once you sign in to AD FS. If you attempt to sign in to IPRO Search before you sign in to AD FS, you will be redirected from the IPRO Search welcome screen to the AD FS sign-in page. Otherwise, the SSO process is invisible to you.
IPRO Search has various timeouts designed to boost system security regarding user authentication. When SSO is enabled, authentication access authorized by the Identity Provider (in most cases AD FS) will override the timeouts in IPRO Search. In cases where the timeouts are not overridden, the user will be redirected to AD FS (most likely invisibly) in order to re-authenticate.
Once SAML is enabled, users cannot change their password, since the welcome screen where this option appears is no longer visible. Since authentication occurs through Active Directory, the password is irrelevant when SSO is enabled.
SSO syncs cloud identities for sites such as IPRO Search, Office 365, and Salesforce, as well as for local apps including the Microsoft Office suite. If you have any questions about SSO, contact your IPRO Search administrator.
- Open IPRO Search in a browser using the URL link provided by your administrator.
If SSO is configured in your organization, you will be prompted to log in to AD FS first.
- IPRO Search uses language detection to suggest a language. You can select the suggested language, or another one from the drop-down list. Available languages include: English, French, French (Canadian), Español (Spanish), and Deutsch (German). The IPRO Search screen updates with the selected language. English is used as the default if no selection is made.
- You can change the language in IPRO Search at any time. Whenever you change the language, you must log back in to see the change.
You can also change the language from the Preferences menu—see Changing the Interface Language.
- Enter your user name and password, and click Login.
- Depending on the rights the
adminhas assigned to you, you will see one or more of the following icons.
- Because you have a personal mailbox, you will always see the Archive icon.
You will only see an icon for the feature in which you have been assigned rights.
- Click one of the following according to the task you want to perform:
- Archive: Consult your personal repository of archived messages.
- eDiscovery: Perform eDiscovery tasks as a case manager, member, or reviewer.
- Audit: Perform forensic, supervisory, or compliance tasks as an audit manager, auditor, or reviewer.
- A series of roles becomes available to you.
- Select the role corresponding to the actions you want to perform, related to the
casesyou want to manage or review.
If you selected the Archive icon, you will not see any of the options above. You will go directly to your personal archived mail.
- For more information on roles, see
Roles in eDiscoveryRoles in eDiscovery.
- Click Continue.
- You are now ready to perform eDiscovery using IPRO Search.