Perform the following steps to classify PCI, PHI and PII data in your
You can run a Classification Task in a Compliance Audit or a Forensic Audit, but not in a Supervision Audit.
You can only classify archives in a Forensic Audit.
Once data has been classified, it cannot be unclassified.
- Open an existing
Case, or create one—see Creating New Cases.
- From the
CaseOverview toolbar, click Classification.
- The Classification Task overview window displays. If you have previously created Classification Tasks, they will appear here.
- Click New Task.
- The Classification Task wizard displays.
Specify the Search tab(s) to include in the classification by clicking the corresponding check box(es). Click Next.
- From the dropdown menu, choose the Classification Model to apply:
- PCI: Payment Card Industry
- PHI: Protected Health Information
- PII: Personally Identifiable Information
- For more information on Classification Models—see Classification Models.
- Select one of the following Classification Modes:
- Full Classification: Use this mode if you are classifying data for the first time. This is usually used in conjunction with the One-time only schedule frequency option below.
- Incremental: Use this mode to classify data on an ongoing basis. This classifies only new data or data that has not been classified since the last time a Classification Task was run.
- Select one of the following schedule frequencies:
- One-time only: This option is used most often in conjunction with Full Classification mode, as shown above.
- Every X minutes/days: Use this option to specify a classification schedule best suited to your needs.
- Continuous: Use this option to classify data on an ongoing basis, as soon as it is detected in any of the locations and repositories included in the Classification Task. This option is used most frequently in conjunction with Incremental mode, as shown above.
- Give the task a meaningful name.
- (Optional) To receive a report once the Classification Task is complete, check the box. Enter the email address of the person who should receive the report. By default, the email address of the Classification Task creator is used.
- Click Create.
- The Classification Task Management overview will open. Here you can view the progress of all Classification Tasks. Progress is indicated by the percentage displayed under Status.
- (Optional) To view the details of your Classification Task, double-click on the Classification Task.
You can delete a Classification Task if the event it is unresponsive, or if you no longer want to classify the data you selected.
In the Classification Task Management overview, select a task and click Delete.
Click Yes to delete the Classification Task.
The process of deleting a Classification Task takes a few minutes.