Logging enables NetGovern Search to collect troubleshooting information on problems with a storage location. When you configure NetGovern Search to log information, a report is automatically submitted by email to the designated administrator for review.
Logging configures NetGovern Archive to be very verbose during its operations. This is helpful for troubleshooting problems during jobs. When you configure NetGovern Archive to log information, the new information is captured in the SQL database. You can subsequently download it in the form of a report (.csv)—see Viewing Reports.
Unless specifically troubleshooting an issue, logging should remain deactivated due to the large amount of information collected on every run. This can grow the database to an unmanageable size and adversely impact performance of all jobs in the system.
- Select Archiving > Agents. Then, find the relevant name of your job.
- Select the Log Settings tab.
- In the Log Settings section, select one of the following options:
- Disable Detailed Logging: Deactivates logging.
- Enable Logging: Activates logging for troubleshooting purposes.
- Enable Logging Only for the Next Run: Activates logging the next time the job is run, and then automatically returns logging to ‘disabled’ state.
- In the Notifications section, enter the address of the person who will receive the job completion notification and summary reports.
- Click Save in the bottom-left corner of the screen.