Include files, posts, and replies from direct chats, group chats, and channels in Microsoft Teams in your IPRO .
First, complete the prerequisites for configuring the Teams connector. Integrate IPRO with Office 365. Register the TeamsArchiving application with the Microsoft Identity Platform and grant the permissions required.
When configured, create the Live Location in the IPRO Admin UI. For the Live Location, add an Instant Messaging Store, and select Teams as the source location. Next, ensure all users are mapped by performing User Mapping. Complete the configuration process by creating Indexing and Archiving jobs to crawl and archive the source data.
Indexing jobs are run to make data searchable. Indexing must be performed prior to archiving if you intend to search the archived data.
When set up is complete, indexed and archived Teams content can be viewed, searched, and exported from IPRO Search.
- To register the Teams Archiving application in your tenant, enter the following URL in a web browser:
- You should already be logged in to Office 365 with you Global Administrator Account. If not, log in, following any prompts to use the correct credentials.
- Grant permissions to the application. Click Accept.
You will be redirected to the following URL, which indicates successful registration
The page will not resolve and can be closed.
You must have completed the prerequisites for configuring the Teams connector in IPRO. You can contact your Support Representative for further details on the connector features, system requirements, and pre-configuration process.
Perform the following steps in the IPRO Admin UI. Administrator rights are required.
- Log into the IPRO Admin UI.
- Select Archiving.
- Open the Connectors tab.
- Navigate to the Locations section. Click Add.
- Click on Live Locations to expand, select Instant Messaging Store.
- Click Next.
- Select Teams as the Source Type. Click Next.
- The Instant Messaging Store window displays.
- In the Name field, enter a name that is meaningful to the users and reviewers who will be accessing the data. Include the term "Connector" in the name entered.
To change a location name, a new location must be created and its data must be reindexed.
- In the Description field, enter a relevant description.
- Enter the Office 365 Tenant ID that you want to index.
Your O365 Tenant ID is located in the Directory ID box.
- (Optional) Enable Distribute accounts across all crawler nodes. This is checked by default for a better balancing of the indexing workload.
- (Optional) Enter the User Group. This represents the users whose Teams content will be indexed and made available in an IPRO IM Search—see IM Searches.
Once the Teams content is indexed, it will not be possible to exclude content from certain users. If you want to control which users' Teams data is indexed, you can create user sub groups. A separate index location must be created for each group.
- (Optional) Click Test to verify the connection.
- Click Save.
- When finished, click Save at the bottom-left of the Connectors tab.
Next, create Indexing and Archiving jobs to process the data in Teams. A Teams Index job must be set up to make the live content searchable—see Configuring Teams Indexing. Indexing must be performed prior to archiving if you intend to search the archived data—see Configuring Teams Archiving.
Following connector and location configuration, perform User Mapping. For more information—see User Mapping. For detailed steps—see Configuring User Mapping