Creating Search Templates
In NetGovern Search, you can save the search criteria in a search tab as a template. This can simplify things if you need to replicate the search in another tab, or in another . You can also make your search template accessible for others to use in their own searches.
In NetGovern Search, Managers can create search templates for other Managers and for to use. In turn, can create search templates for other as well as for Managers.
Search keywords can contain confidential information. Ensure that there is no confidential information being shared with the wrong parties in your templates. Take time to note which Managers and will have access to your templates.
- Run a Message, IM, Document, Federated or Advanced Search using the search criteria you would like to save in the template.
- Right-click on the search tab and select Save As Template.
- Give the template a meaningful name.
- You can save the search As Template or As File.
- As Template: Selecting this saves the template to be used within your NetGovern Archive installation. The template is saved in a folder with the name, created in the Management Device.
- As File: Selecting this saves the template to be used outside of your NetGovern Archive installation. For example, you can send the template externally to be used by a Manager or with credentials in another instance of NetGovern Search. The template is saved to the download folder of your local machine.
- Select Template for All if you would like the template to be made available to other Managers and can be applied to NetGovern Audits as well as eDiscovery Cases.
When saving the search template as a Template for All, it becomes available for NetGovern Audits and NetGoverneDiscovery Cases.
- Right-click on a search tab, and select Load From Template.
It is a best practice to give your tab a name similar to the name of the search template you use.
- Select a search template that is available to you, either one that you have created or one that has been made available to you.
- Click Apply. This applies the search criteria to the selected locations and populates the results in the search tab.