To include data from Box for Business in your NetGovern , configure the connector and create a Live Location in the NetGovern Admin UI. Next, ensure all users are mapped by performing User Mapping. Complete the configuration process by creating Indexing and Archiving jobs to crawl and archive the source data.
Indexing jobs are run to make data searchable. Indexing must be performed prior to archiving if you intend to search the archived data.
When set up is complete, indexed and archived Box for Business content can be viewed, searched, and exported from NetGovern Search.
First, you must complete the prerequisites for configuring the Box for Business connector in NetGovern. You can contact your Support Representative for further details on the connector features, system requirements, and pre-configuration process.
Perform the following steps in the NetGovern Admin UI. Administrator rights are required.
- Log into the NetGovern Admin UI.
- Select Archiving.
- Open the Connectors tab.
- Navigate to the Locations section. Click Add.
- Click on Live Locations to expand, select Document Store.
- Click Next.
- Select Box for Business as the Source Type.
- Click Next.
- The Document Store Location window displays.
- In the Name field, enter a name that is meaningful to the users and reviewers who will be accessing the data. Include the term "Connector" in the name entered.
To change a location name, a new location must be created and its data must be reindexed.
- In the Description field, enter a relevant description.
- (Optional) Enable Dual-Login protection to ensure that access to this location in a NetGovern Search will require the authorization of a second manager or Administrator.
- (Optional) Enable Distribute accounts across all crawler nodes. This is checked by default for a better balancing of the indexing workload.
- (Optional) Enter the User Group. The User Group setting allows you to carve out a subset of account members from the configured AD group.
Once the data is indexed, it will not be possible to exclude content from certain AD users. If you want to control which users' data is indexed you can create user sub groups. A separate index location must be created for each group.
- Click Next.
- The Box for Business redirect opens.
- To grant permissions to the application, grant access. Enter your NetGovern Administrator credentials (you can use Single Sign On) and click Authorize.
- When finished, click Save at the bottom-left of the Connectors tab.
Following connector and location configuration, perform User Mapping. For more information—see User Mapping. For detailed steps—see Configuring User Mapping