Adding an Archive Node
There could be several reasons why you might need to add an archive server. Perhaps an archive job is taking too long to process. You want to process more data at a time and you want to be more efficient with time and resources. Accounting for a regular workload, a server is typically good for up to 1,000 users. Each server will comfortably handle 10 threads, or accounts, at a time. Therefore, to process 100 accounts, you need to run 10 batches of 10 nodes. To scale up, you will need to add archive nodes according to these metrics.
If you experience a slowness in searching, this could be due to loads placed on the Index server. Steps for adding an Index server are covered in the next section. In either case, contact IPRO Support to assist with diagnosing the source of the slowness.
- Using the steps already shown in this guide, bootstrap another archive server.
- Start the Deployment Wizard once again.
- When you reach the Node Role Selection screen, select Deploy a Worker in an existing Archive Cluster > desired master archived server.
- Click Next.
- On the Platform Administrator screen, enter your credentials, then click Set Administrator.
- The additional server is added to the archive cluster.