About Word Lists
A word list is a lexicon of terms required for a search, words that are often particular to a job, industry, or field of research. In IPRO Search, you can build a list of terms you can keep updated as you encounter more terms the further you go in a search. As you build queries, you can include or exclude terms in your word list, as well as search for a term in its entirety (a match) or portion of a term (partial match).
You can use a word list in message, attachment, document, and federated searches.
How to Build a Word List
- Create a new file using any text editor.
- Enter terms relevant to your search. The following example includes terms that would be useful for a
- Save your word list.
How to Use a Word List in a Search
- In the Advanced Search dialog box, click Add Rule.
- From the Field list, select a field.
- From the Operator list, select one of the following operators:
- Matches (word list) or Contains (word list): Searches for items that match/contain all terms or any term in the word list.
- Does Not Match (word list) or Does Not Contain (word list): Searches for items that does not match/contain all terms or any term in the word list.
For information on some parameters in the Advanced Search dialog box, click the Help button.
- Click Upload.
- Select your word list and click Open.
- The words in the word list are uploaded to your query.
- If applicable, select one of the following operators located beside the word list:
- All of: Searches for items that match all terms in the word list.
- Any of: Searches for items that mention any terms in the word list.
- For more information, see About All Of, Any Of.
- Click Search to execute the query.
- The result is displayed in the Document view and the Advanced Search dialog box is closed.
For more information about using word lists in Advanced Search, see About Rules.
How to Edit a Word List
Do one of the following: