Release Notes - Version 6.5
Driven by a mission for better governance, faster insights, and Smarter Discovery, this new IPRO Information Governance (IG) release (formerly NetGovern) represents one of the most impactful to date. New solutions let you integrate searching in place, collect less through smarter collections, and include live access to popular collaboration tools, such as Teams or Slack, with a focus on the functionality you’ve asked for most.
Integrate Live Search and legal collection into IPRO Enterprise so that you can send targeted data directly to Document Review or preserve it for legal hold. Now, you can fully integrate your eDiscovery process from data collection to trial, for reduced costs and complexity—see IPRO Enterprise Release Notes.
IPRO Enterprise functionality requires additional purchase, see your account representative for more information.
Index, Search and Archive for Teams, Slack and Gmail
Access Teams, Slack and Gmail content for archiving and live Search with the addition of the latest connectors to the product. Now you can clean up your old Teams groups and users, and apply retention policies in archiving. You can also get all the benefits of Live EDA by searching and reviewing chat threads and content before collection.
You can now archive numerous file types in various online and offline repositories, including Microsoft OneDrive and SharePoint, and proprietary file systems for strict Retention Compliance. Choose which versions of the archived files to search and export. File Archiving complements NetGovern’s existing file crawling capabilities for in-place eDiscovery—see Configuring File Archiving.
Legal Hold for Live Content
This feature places live email, file, Teams, SharePoint, or Slack content—that has not been archived yet—on Legal Hold. Based on your search criteria, Legal Hold will preserve the data by creating an immutable record of matching content. Regulations or court proceedings might require you to show chain of custody, that records are intact, and that there has been no spoliation. This feature complements existing Legal Hold capabilities for archived email—see
You can save the search criteria in a search tab as a template. This can simplify things if you need to replicate the search in another tab, or in another
- Updates to Public APIs.
- Updates to Search.
- UPN-based user selection for roles.
- UPN-based custodian selection across all locations.
- Ability to include and exclude folders when indexing live locations.
- Automatic user mapping in MS environments.
- Ability to search audit records.
- Search criteria-based policies for jobs.
- Ingestion Microservice Infrastructure allows for easier connection to various data sources.
- Graph API-based authorization allows for tenant-based access.
- Location Type grouping by External or Local types.
- Indexing and search backend error reporting improvements.
- Upgrade to indexing technology.
- Indexing Job split into Email Index and Archive Index.
- More items in the UI can be customized.
- Legal Hold locations now support Dual Authorization.
Upgrade requires Support assistance to migrate index. Please contact support to schedule upgrade and index migration consultation—firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MACPR-8933 – Improved handling of nested DL’s when running a user sync on an archive job.
- MACPR-8790 – Updated “AD user cache” to properly fill out the “AddressBook Cache” options during O365 installations.
- MACPR-8782 – Updated AD user cache to be restricted when connecting to O365 tenant.
- MACPR-8940 – Improved handling for archive draft messages within Exchange to properly archive draft messages.
- MACPR-8898 – Improved handling of very large attachments from Exchange to prevent out of memory error.
- MACPR-8864 – Improved import of PST files into archives when a large number of folders are found.
- MACPR-8778 – Updated archive jobs to properly handle Modern Authentication and Autodiscover disabled settings.
- MACPR-8804 – Updated Modern Authentication for O365 to properly run diagnostics.
- MACPR-8757 – Removed false-positive Red diagnostic LED for Auth-source.
- MACPR-8895 – Updated Custodian value for email archives to properly identify the owner of the email.
- MACPR-8893 – Improved handling of attachment count when exporting to load file.
- MACPR-8891 – Exports improved to prevent error when encountering duplicate embedded email attachments.
- MACPR-8777 – Export to PST updated to properly include MessageHeaders.
- MACPR-8892 – Improved handling of embedded images when exporting to PST.
- MACPR-8882 – Export jobs improved to prevent timeouts when encountering large payload requests.
- MACPR-8824 – Improved handling of case member permissions to allow for exporting of data.
- MACPR-8762 – When exporting Responsive messages, the Search tooltip is updated to properly identify the including of duplicates and child items. "Total of responsive items is the number of selected items including duplicates and child items".
A complete review of Export was performed and many other non-customer reported issues were fixed.
- MACPR-8885 – Newly applied licenses updated to not require a restart.
- MACPR-8815 – Improved handling of counting users that have been renamed towards the license.
- MACPR-8770 – Updated Legal Hold to properly remove ILM jobs to groom data from location.
- MACPR-8935 – Updated IIS extensions to handle Exchange 2016.
- MACPR-8799 – Improved handling of Advanced Search to query messages and message attachments within a date range.
- MACPR-8821 – Improved handling of email forwarding with attachments from Search and error messaging.
- MACPR-8772 – InfoSec Persona updated to properly assign case members.
- MACPR-8812 – Updated job deletion utility to properly delete calendar entries for proxy calendar.