Configuring Gmail Connector
Include live content sourced directly from Gmail in your NetGovern
The following configurations are supported:
Gmail + Exchange (on-premise AD)
Gmail + O365 Azure AD
Gmail + AD (no email backend required)
To index and archive data in Gmail, you must configure the connector and create a Live Location in the NetGovern Admin UI.
Perform the following steps in the NetGovern Admin UI. Administrator rights are required.
- Log into the NetGovern Admin UI.
- Select Archiving.
- Open the Connectors tab.
- Navigate to the Locations section. Click Add.
- Expand the Live Locations drop-down menu. Select Email (Gmail).
- Click Next.
- The Gmail Store configuration window displays.
- In the Name field, enter a relevant name for the live location.
Choose a location name that is meaningful to the users and reviewers who will be accessing the archive data. The name is also used by the indexing service. To change the location name, a new location must be created and its data reindexed.
- Enter the User ID you wish to index.
- Enter the Domain(s) you wish to index.
- Add the relevant Key File.
- (Optional) Distribute accounts across all crawler nodes. This is checked by default for a better balancing of the indexing workload.
- (Optional) User Group. This represents the users whose Teams content will be indexed and made available in a NetGovern Search.
- (Optional) Click Test to verify the Audit Path connection.
- Click Save.
- At the bottom of the Connectors tab, click Save.
When you have created the location and configured the connector, you must ensure that all users are mapped. For more information—see User Mapping. For detailed steps—see Configuring User Mapping
When you have mapped all users, Indexing and Archiving jobs must be created to process the Gmail content—see Configuring Indexing for Gmail and see Configuring Gmail Archiving.
An Index job must be set up in order to process the content and make the data searchable. Indexing must always be performed prior to archiving if you intend to search the archived data.