Setting Folder Criteria
Managing folder archiving within NetGovern is a way to handle any exceptions related to archiving. For example, a user has marked a mail message “Personal”, and the administrator configured the policy to exempt that particular message from archiving. Folder archiving would be another way to handle that. Rather than mark it “Personal”, the message could be placed in a Personal folder. The administrator can configure the policy to skip the folder during archiving.
In another scenario, perhaps a certain document type, such as X-Ray files in Visio, must be retained for 20 years according to applicable law, longer than the usual retention period for other types of mail at the organization. The administrator could configure the policy to archive the folder marked "X-Rays" and apply a 20-year retention flag specifically to that folder.
- Select the Folders tab to select the folders on which the policy will apply and that will later be processed by the job. You can do this through the process of inclusion or exclusion.
- The default is to apply the policy to messages in all folders. After selecting a folder, click the plus (+) button to add the folder to the list.
- Select the Recursive option to process the subfolders of a folder.
- You can also create filter entries for non-system folders. Simply enter the name of the folder you want to create in the text field, and click the plus (+) button to add the folder to the list.
- Folder paths can be specified with leading forward slashes (\\) or without. For example:
\\Cabinet\Folder1is the same as
- Using a trailing slash in the folder path indicates that only this folder is included or excluded. Not using a trailing slash implies that this folder and all of its subfolders are included or excluded. For example:
\\Memos\Personalwill include or exclude the Personal folder within the Cabinet folder plus any of its subfolders.
\\Memos\Personal\will apply to the contents of the Personal folder only, not any subfolders.
- Click Save.