Configuring Teams Storage Location
With NetGovern, you can create a standard Storage Location for archive data. To archive data in Microsoft Teams, create a Teams Archive Storage Location in the NetGovern Admin UI. You can select the Storage Device on which you would like to build the archive data repository—see Configuring Storage Devices. Once configured, a Teams archiving job can be set up—see Configuring Teams Archiving. The archive data can then be accessed in a NetGovern Archive.
When you have created the Teams Storage Location in the NetGovern Admin UI, you must register the Team Archiving application on your tenant.
- Log into the NetGovern Admin UI.
- In the Services menu in the left-hand panel, click on Archiving.
- Open the Connectors tab.
- In the Storage Devices section, you can add the device on which you would like to build the storage location—see Configuring Storage Devices.
- Navigate to the Locations section to create the location. Click Add.
- Expand the Storage Locations drop-down menu. Select Teams Archive to store archived data from MS Teams.
- Click Next
- The Archive Location configuration window displays.
- In the Name field, enter a relevant name for the storage location.
Choose a location name that is meaningful to the users and reviewers who will be accessing the archive data. The name is also used by the indexing service. To change the location name, a new location must be created and its data reindexed.
- To register the Teams Archiving application in your tenant, enter the following URL in a web browser:
- You should already be logged in to Office 365 with you Global Administrator Account. If not, log in, following any prompts to use the correct credentials.
- Grant permissions to the application. Click Accept.
You will be redirected to the following URL, which indicates successful registration
The page will not resolve and can be closed.