Migrate an Eclipse SE Case to OPEN DISCOVERY
Migrating a case from Eclipse SE to OPEN DISCOVERY is a multi-step process that involves migrating over both the case data and the production history.
- Export the case from Eclipse SE.
- Create a case in OPEN DISCOVERY. This is the case into which you will be importing the Eclipse SE case data.
- Import the Eclipse SE case data into OPEN DISCOVERY using the Eclipse Admin tool.
- Export the case production history from Eclipse SE.
- Import the Eclipse SE production history into OPEN DISCOVERY using the Eclipse Admin tool.
The below diagram shows the export and import process for a given case from Eclipse SE to OPEN DISCOVERY.
Important: There are some case elements that do not transfer from the Eclipse SE case to the OPEN DISCOVERY case. These include:
After the import of case and production history information is complete, you can set up these items, with the exception of transcripts, in the newly created OPEN DISCOVERY case.
Note: Private tags also are not exported from Eclipse SE. To Convert a Private Tag into a Public Tag: To do so:
Export Eclipse SE Case
- From Eclipse SE Administration, select Import/Export > Export Data.
- Select Case.
Select Entire Case.
On the Step 2. Select Output tab:
Under Output Directory:
Select Output Location
- Check Copy Image files to output folder.
Check Copy Native files to output folder.
Check Export Text as File.
Check Export .CSE.
- Select the following Load Files: . DLF, .DAT, .OPT, .LFP.
- Under Items to Export check: Document Level Tags, Redactions, Production History.
All Database Fields selected
Click Start to start the export.
Import Eclipse SE Case Data
Create your case in OPEN DISCOVERY. You can use the .cse file you exported or the default case template. Make sure and add any additional fields needed before import. Copy the entire Export Volume to your OPEN DISCOVERY Case Data location.
Import Eclipse SE Case Data into OPEN DISCOVERY using Eclipse Admin > Import > Import Data.
On the tab Step1. Select Source, in the Import file field use .DLF.
- On the tab Step 2. Map Fields:
- Import image file
- Select Import > Import Data.
- Select Source; LFP or OPT file.
- Edit/Update paths for images.
- Overlay only > Import.
Export Production History from Eclipse SE
- Export Production History using Eclipse SE Administrator > Import/Export > Export Data
Select the case.
On the Step 1: Select Case tab select Production History.
- On the Step 2: Select Output tab:
Click Start Export.
- Copy your Production History to your Case Data folder in OPEN DISCOVERY.
Create a Cross Reference File in OPEN DISCOVERY Review
- Create Cross-Reference File in OPEN DISCOVERY Review.
Open the case in OPEN DISCOVERY
Run your Production Search
Modify the Grid to show only BEGDOC and PRODBEGDOC fields
Select all documents, click Actions and then select Export.
- Select Output Type > DAT File.
This is your Cross Reference File. Copy it to your Production History folder.
Edit the Production History .LFP
Import Production History into Your OPEN DISCOVERY Case
In Eclipse Admin, select Import > Import Production History
- In the Cross Reference File field, click on the folder button and navigate to the location where you stored the cross reference file you just created. Use the Cross Reference File you created.
- In the Image Load File field, click on the folder button and navigate to the location where you stored the updated LFP file.
- Check the First Line is the header check box.
Enter a Production Name.
Click the Import Production Job button.
When the import is finished, you have successfully completed the Eclipse SE to OPEN DISCOVERY case migration process for your case.