Overview: Install, Update, or Upgrade TRIAL DIRECTOR or LOCAL DISCOVERY
This topic provides an overview of the Installation and Upgrade options for TRIAL DIRECTOR and LOCAL DISCOVERY.
Before installing/updating/upgrading either application, review the workflow diagram below to ensure your machine is prepared for installation.
Important: LOCAL DISCOVERY and TRIAL DIRECTOR do not support certain 32-bit versions of Office. Review the System Requirements: LOCAL DISCOVERY or System Requirements for TRIAL DIRECTOR to determine if your version of office is supported. If it is not, uninstall it and install a 64-bit version instead.
- If you are installing TRIAL DIRECTOR or LOCAL DISCOVERY on a machine that has Eclipse SE installed on it, make sure the Eclipse SE version is 2018.0.0. If you have a previous version of Eclipse SE, upgrade to the latest version before installing. After your installation is complete, see Migrate Cases and Users from Eclipse SE to LOCAL DISCOVERY for information on how to migrate user and case data from Eclipse SE to the LOCAL DISCOVERY application.
- If you are installing TRIAL DIRECTOR on a machine that has TRIAL DIRECTOR 6.8 (or a previous version), create load files for your cases before installing. You can import these cases into TRIAL DIRECTOR after installation.
Install, Update or Upgrade TRIAL DIRECTOR or LOCAL DISCOVERY
The step-by-step instructions you follow for installing, updating, or upgrading the TRIAL DIRECTOR or LOCAL DISCOVERY will differ depending whether or not you have a prior version of the application or you are a fresh install. There are four possible starting points.
- New TRIAL DIRECTOR User - You purchased TRIAL DIRECTOR and have never installed it on your machine. If this is the case, see the following topic, Workflow: Install TRIAL DIRECTOR.
- Updating TRIAL DIRECTOR - You purchased and installed TRIAL DIRECTOR previously and are updating to version 2020.4.0. If this is the case, see Workflow: Update TRIAL DIRECTOR.
- New LOCAL DISCOVERY - You purchased LOCAL DISCOVERY and have never installed it on your machine. If this is the case, see Workflow: Install LOCAL DISCOVERY.
- Upgrading from TRIAL DIRECTOR to LOCAL DISCOVERY - You initially purchased TRIAL DIRECTOR and then upgraded your subscription, purchasing the whole LOCAL DISCOVERY suite. If this is the case, see Workflow: Upgrade from TRIAL DIRECTOR to LOCAL DISCOVERY.
- Updating LOCAL DISCOVERY - You purchased and installed LOCAL DISCOVERY previously and are updating to version 2020.4.0. If this is the case, see Workflow: Upgrade LOCAL DISCOVERY.
Similar to the list above, the diagram below provides a visual workflow and helps you determine which installation, update, or upgrade instructions you should follow. Click on the box in the diagram to jump to the instructions applicable to you.
Typical Installation Configuration
The following diagram displays the typical installation configuration for LOCAL DISCOVERY or TRIAL DIRECTOR.
Important: All users must have read/write access on the machine/network share where the Network Data Store (NDS) is located.
Review the System Requirements information to make sure your machine meets all requirements for installation. You will not be able to install LOCAL DISCOVERY or TRIAL DIRECTOR to your machine if any of the following criteria are not met.
- System Requirements: LOCAL DISCOVERY
- System Requirements for TRIAL DIRECTOR - for TRIAL DIRECTOR only users
Last Revision: 8/29/2022